HW: .com

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Sat Oct 6 00:57:35 EDT 2001

Well Andy, maybe hawkwind.com should be renamed (ala Primus)
hawkwindsucks.com, and a big banner should be put up saying it's a way
unofficial site. I think Hawkwind has a right to "hawkwind.com", but it'd
sure be nice if they had pursued the claim in a less heavy-handed fashion,
and without the involvement of lawyers. Hell, why couldn't they buy the site
name for $100 or so to compensate, at least in a small way, all the work
that had been put into it, and continue on. This all reminds me of when Mike
Holmes was compelled to stop publishing his Codex, because of similar legal
nonsense.

I'll bet "hawkwindsucks.com" is available . . .

Guido

www.vacano.com/guido