HW: Andy Gilham and the domain war nonsense

Alex S. Garcia mvdbase at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 6 08:40:39 EDT 2001

Hi,

Back in 1996, at a time when I was just starting to discover Hawkwind
(musically speaking, as I already knew them by name), Andy Gilham mailed me
a copy of "Live Chronicles".

He barely knew me at all. He did this out of the kindness of his heart.
Without any second thoughts and without any strings attached (thanks again,
Andy!)

So not only did he make me this gift, but he also served the band, by
helping me get to know HW better. Granted, I'm not a die-hard fan, but I'm
certainly much more open to the band now then I used to be.

Bottom line: Andy Gilham is a decent guy and I resent what the band is
putting him through.

I don't care who's right or wrong in this story. All I see is that Andy is
in no man's land, caught in the crossfire, and getting hit by all this crap.

I'm annoyed.

If you really have to fight, then fight this between you guys (current and
ex-members) and leave fans out of this.

As if current world events weren't enough.

This stuff is petty and beyond you (the band).

Give it a rest already.

Sheesh.

Alex.

Progressive rock : rip.xrs.net