HW: Andy Gilham and the domain war nonsense

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Oct 6 09:34:48 EDT 2001

This is all really sad. I've also dealt with Andy and believe him to be a
thoroughly decent geezer, and a true fan who put tons of work into what
was an excellent site, not necessarily better or worse than Mission Control,
just very good in its own right. It's also true that the band will have
benefited from this work.

There are clearly factors that go beyond fandom here. I sympathise with the
Brock camp re. the never ending abuse of the Hawkwind name and
particularly the highly questionable "hawkestra" event being planned for
later this month. It hadn't occurred to me until it came up on IRC last
night that this event is exactly one year to the day since the Brixton
Academy reunion last year, which again smacks of a deliberate attempt to
confuse fans into thinking this is a "real" Hawkwind event.

So I don't blame Dave and co. for finally saying, "enough is enough" and
trying to do something about all this. But it seems very sad and unnecessary
that Andy- a fan, who (unlike some people) is not trying in any way to rip
the band off as far as I can see, ends up being so bruised. I hope this part of
it can be resolved, just as much as I hope Dave and the others win their
various legal battles to get what is rightfully theirs.

In message <HOEIIEOFGIOMJIMLGMJKAEEPCLAA.email at andygilham.co
m>, Andy Gilham <email at ANDYGILHAM.COM> writes

--
Nick Medford