HW: .com

Ian Abrahams ian at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Oct 7 12:12:49 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>

Finally, personally, I think the band have treated Andy Gilham shabbily.
Last time I saw a band treating loyal fans like this, the words
"Metallica" and "Napster" seemed to be involved. :-)  You simply can't
buy bad publicity like this.  Good one, Hawkwind!

Paul, that's unfair. The very detailed account posted by Rik this afternoon
should have cleared up the Hawkwind side of the story and you have already
accounted, yourself, for the fact that the domain is in the hands of
ownership other than the band. Nothing that's been posted over the weekend,
to my mind, suggests anything other than a compromise was available and not
taken up. Don't see that can be taken as the band's fault. The legal side of
things has also been comprehensively explained and surely the story ends
here.

Ian