Pissed Off on a Sunday

mark cotton markcotton22 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 7 14:11:44 EDT 2001

I like Hawkwind music. I like seeing them live. Apart from saying "hello" to
Dave Brock after a gig once, I have never met any of them other than having
a rather rude discussion with Al (i or an!) Davey regarding UFO's Lt. Ellis
after a Bedouin gig. I couldn't give a stuff what they think of me no more
than they need to care what I think of them, but would be pretty hacked off
if they decided never to tour again thanks to some of their so-called fans
opinions of this matter. If Dave Brock is indeed a farmer in Devon,I would
imagine that he has got a little more on his plate rather than bickering
with a group of nobodies riding on his coat-tails. If certain people are
ripping him off or destroying his bands name in pursuit of their misguided
aims then in my book he's got every reason to get mad. IHMO, however, he'd
be better off kicking ass with some of his record companies who keep wasting
our (and Any Garibaldi's) time in delaying release dates. F**k'em! I was
surprised to find that Hawkwind.com, splendid as it was, was not an official
site, but if that was the case then Andy Gilham must have known that he was
skating on thin ice when he was presenting information from both the Brock
and Turner camps. And if you are taking your bat home, Andy, may I be the
first to relieve you of your Hawklords 25 Years On and PXR5 cd's to complete
my (legal) collection.
Sorry for droning on, but why don't we all sit back, enjoy the music, watch
the shows and let life be. Andy Gilham won't be the first or last fan of
anybody to think that his idol's have feet of clay.

Yours,

Mark C.

Currently playing Smurf's Greatest Hits