HW: .com

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Oct 7 17:51:50 EDT 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Rik Rx wrote:

=> period. The comment that Andy was "shabbily treated" would be true if he was
=> the sole recipiant of the letter. However, what Andy received was a COPY of
=> a note sent to Douglas as the site owner, so that he was in posession of all
=> the facts.

I think part of my misinformed impression stems from the fact that the
letter (at least forwarded to BOC-L) was addressed to Andy and CC: to
Doug, making it seem (incorrectly, it seems) that the letter was sent to
Andy and a copy to Doug, not the other way around.  I should not have
taken that at face value, I guess.  Next time I'm sent a "past due"
notice addressed to me and CC:d to the billing department, I'll assume
it's intended for them and not pay. ;-)

=> I find it hard to believe that you really thought the band would really act
=> in that manner. Once again, I repeat that the letter was *copied* to Andy
=> for reference as a matter of courtesy.

Like I said, that's not the way it appeared in the version that was
posted to BOC-L.  But at least now I know how it was supposed to be.

=> For your
=> information I have been in contact with today, and as such, am on good terms
=> with him.

This is very welcome news indeed.  As long-time members on here can
attest, Andy is a good bloke, and some of the things of which he's been
accused publicly here recenty are wholly uncharacteristic.

=> This would be true, if the facts were as you assumed. Your observations are,
=> however, quite innacurate as they are based on quite limited information.

That is true.  There are two sides to every story, and the truth lies
somewhere in between.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu