HW- Andy G letting you know

Sun Oct 7 18:42:12 EDT 2001

Now I would normally stay out  of commenting here, but seeing as how my name
came up (below), it seems fair to alert you all to a few salient points:
1) Never at any time prior to release did Ozit give CD Services any
indication of the quality of the CD they issued (the "2001" thing). Had we
had a chance to hear it
first, we would absolutely 100% have let anyone who ordered this item know
what they were getting.
2)Since then we have let it be known our feelings about this CD - in retail
terms, simply saying what it is and letting the audience make up their
mind - I'm afraid it is not our duty to refuse to sell it but merely to be
as open and honest as possible
3)Ozit have not approached us (yet) to do any similar mail-outs for the
Greasy Truckers event, therefore I have not seen any of the fliers that were
spoken about the other night. A couple of weeks ago, we did get a load of
publicity material from them, but the quality of it was  poor so we have not
passed it on.
4We will now greet any request for publicising the event with caution as
there appears to be no 'guarantee' that what they are publicising is what
will be seen, based on what I am seeing from their camp right now.
I do not wish to get involved with the politics of the bands - we are here
for the music, no matter who produces it. We admittedly criticised the
Voiceprint 'Glastonbury' album for quality,  and thoroughly laid into the
Ozit '"2001" Turner debacle once we knew. It is not our intention to take
sides but to work as smoothly as possible with everyone who makes the music,
for that, in my eyes, is what it is all about. But we will remain as honest
as possible and retain our credibility as the number one source for all
things Hawkwind.
Thank you,
Andy Garibaldi