HW: Domain Names - A Suggestion

On the Road Again DGreenhalg at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 7 20:56:54 EDT 2001

People, enough already.  Like most of the people on here I don't know
Andy, but I do know Welcome to the Future.  It was one of the best
band-sites going. I want to see the content back, somewhere, anywhere.
So a suggestion.  If Andy can't have Hawkwind.com, and fair enough, that
*should* belong to the band, let's just find something else he *can*
have.

Someone said Hawklords.net or similar is up for grabs for 50 dollars or
so. There are people on this list who pay hundreds of dollars to fly
half way round the world to see Hawkwind. Surely we can stump up a
dollar each to buy the name and hosting fees.  If Andy is willing, and
if the band give a reconciliatory gesture of allowing him to use the
imagery and iconography, then Andy can get out the middle of row that is
really nothing to do with him. We get the resource back and the lawyers
for Dave and Doug can have their little spats in private.

OK, maybe Andy would have to do a search to make sure that the "O" word
is missing from all the banners, but that's not a chore, surely. Let's
stop throwing bricks at each other, get "Welcome to the Future" and
Mission Control working side-by-side and we ordinary mortals can get
back to talking about music with two high quality reference sources for
the arguments about the musical merits of Nik.

Maybe this fracas could even get the Codex back in band favour. Bootlegs
are out there, like it or not. I've got them, you've got them, hell,
even "XXX" has *asked* for copies on this list in the past. They can
only eat into the band's financial interest when they are better quality
than the "official" live releases, such as they are.

Another disjointed rant from the desk of Dave (G not B)