DIVINE WIND VIDEO - CHECK IT OUT!!!!

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Oct 7 23:45:10 EDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Jean-Charles Moriaud wrote:

>> You're sounding dangerously like Jerry Falwell, now.
>
>Who's that guy?

One of our home-grown fundamentalists. He made several remarks on a
fundie television program suggesting that Americans have finally
become "un-Christian" enough to make God 'lift the curtain and
allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.'

'I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the
feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to
make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the
American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I
point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."'

>> This  violence is our fault?
>
>Not directly your fault or our fault, because I include myself and I
>include Europe into the arrogant occidental people. We all share the
>responsibility of doing nothing or very little and letting 2/3 of the
>planet live the way they live. Because of our errors past and present.
>We are sometimes event 100% responsible, both economically and
>environmentally.

This sounds like you're advocating more imperialism and
colonialism. It's our job to go into these countries and force them
into the 21st century? That's exactly what we're about to do in
Afghanistan.

*sigh* I'm not going any further into this except to quote Thomas
Friedman of the New York Times, who appeared on NBC's Meet The
Press this morning:

'I find that there's a whole group of people here who want to
hijack the hijackers for their own political agenda.'

And from his 5 October column:

'Is it America's fault that Korea had the same per capita income in
the 1950's as many Arab states, but Korea has managed its
development so much better since that it now dwarfs all Arab
economies? Afghanistan is run by a medieval Taliban theocracy that
bans women from working or going to school. How could such a place
not be poor? And who was the biggest protector of that backward
Taliban society? Osama bin Laden and his men.'

And Jerry Seib of The Wall Street Journal:

'Today, the key is to see the ultimate goal of Mr. bin Laden's
deadly game. U.S. officials who have studied him closely think his
paramount objective is to overthrow the governments of Saudi Arabia
and Pakistan and replace them with regimes consistent with his view
of militant Islamic governance. That would give him and his
followers control over the Islamic world's most holy sites and
richest resources-Saudi Arabia's cities of Mecca and Medina and the
kingdom's vast oil fields-and the Islamic world's only nuclear bomb
in Pakistan.'

>> Ah. Then these days, the world's most arrogant people would
>> be the Malaysians, yes?
>
>Not all the people. The leaders of Malaysia, and their strange mix of
>Islam and money...

But you had just blamed the people working in the WTC for their own
deaths. So when the people are all brown, it's the leaders' fault,
but when the people are largely white it's the people's fault?

>Sharon was responsible at the time of Sabra and Shatila. Sharon's visit
>to the third holiest site in Islam triggered the new intifada. Say no
>more!

Again, from Friedman's 5 October column:

'Yes, there is no question, America's support of Israel - even when
Israel builds greedy, provocative settlements in the heart of the
Gaza Strip - has produced understandable Muslim anger. But the
argument doesn't end there. America has also taken the lead role in
trying to reverse this situation. We know the Sept. 11 attack was
being planned a year ago - exactly when President Clinton was
proposing to Yasir Arafat a Palestinian state on roughly 95 percent
of the West Bank and East Jerusalem - with the Israeli settlers
uprooted from all but 5 percent. In other words, this terrorism was
being planned because America was trying to build
Israeli-Palestinian coexistence, not because it wasn't.'

--
Jean Lansford
oystrgal at bellsouth.net

We must put excited feeling away. Our motive will not be revenge
or the victorious assertion of the physical might of the nation,
but only the vindication of right, of human right, of which we
are only a single champion.
 - Woodrow Wilson, War Messages, 2 April 1917