Gilham Vs Hawks

dave evans achad13 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 8 08:18:23 EDT 2001

Ho Hum
at least it's on topic i suppose ( unlike all the political crap- please no
more of it; bear in mind that the bigger the daily digest mail the more it
costs those of
us who pay for downloading by modem; if i want politics i go to political
lists, i don't especially want to download pages of waffle about it here....
i posted a reply last week about the Trade Centre thing but it didn't
appear, possibly because it was very cynical and harsh, but one of the
points was, especially in Calvert's time, the Hawks lyrics were very
anti-American, so is this really the place for such stuff anyway?) Whatever.

3 observations on the doctor tantrums:

If Dave Brock owned "Andygilham.com" or equivalent then AG's reaction would
have been exactly the same as he's just got from the band and management,
and there would have been no hawkwind website without the band being in
existence FIRST

If Brock was really into exploiting the fans then the truly official
hawkwind band-approved web pages would be a pay site, selling limited
edition recordings of every last fart, cough and synthesiser warble. If I
had 50 or 100 dollars (sadly not)  I'd gladly send it to Andy Gilham to buy
the other domain name and to shut everyone the F--- up, it's really getting
very tedious now, stuff that many of us left behind in school playgrounds
some time ago

And if people are that big a fan then they will keep their records and go to
the gigs; that's what grown-ups would do, anyhow- I'm within an hour of
London right now and am gutted that I can't go to the gig this week,  I
first saw the Hawks in 81 and this feels like my right arm's  missing to not
be there.....I would love to have the CHOICE to say "oh, no, I won't go,
I'll put the toys back in my pram instead"

much more of this, and all that offlist politics and general America the
beautiful stuff and I (plus several others I know) are going to unsubscribe
until people grow up

thanks
Dave