Hassan Ibn Sabha in the Sunday Times

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Oct 8 08:36:02 EDT 2001

When the rest of the world was thinking that Osama Bin Liner was the
very incarnation of Ernst Stavros Blofeld, with a secret underground
base in Afghanistan and a worldwide network of crazy people ready to do
his bidding at the drop of a coded message stegged into a "Huge Boobs"
posting to alt.binaries.bints-in-burquas, I was already thinking that
there might be a more apposite precursor.  This was a guy in a not quite
so secret fortress in Persia who had a bunch of dope-addled crazies
ready to do his bidding and run a suicide mission to assassinate local
potentates and dignitaries and thereby enter paradise. The Sunday Times
has been channeling my thoughts and did a boxout on our very own Hassan
I Sabha as Osama Bin Liner's role model.

Time to release "Hassan I Sabha" as a single again. It'd make up for
Urban Guerilla being pulled.

Dunno about the b-side. Maybe Aerospaceage Inferno to keep it totally
topical.

FoFP