HW: Come on guys...

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Mon Oct 8 09:37:06 EDT 2001

Just my two penn'orth...

IIRC, Andy had hawkwind.com up and running before Mission Control, and a
long time ago (coinciding with the release of Mission Control maybe?)
removed any reference to the site being the "official" site.

The was a court case recently in the US where Bruce Springsteen failed to
have the domain name brucespringsteen.com returned to him, as the domain
name was being used as a small Bruce Springsteen fan site, rather than being
"squatted".

So, given the precident of the Bruce Springsteen case, Andy is perfectly
legally entitled to the domain name - however knowing Andy he'd have handed
it over for use with Mission Control if he'd been asked, but as far as I'm
aware, he wasn't asked, and it's not registered to him in person anyway.

As has been said before, Andy's been caught in the crossfire here and really
doesn't deserve ANY flak for this.  From ANYONE.

Cheers,

Rich.