Hassan Ibn Sabha in the Sunday Times

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 8 13:02:04 EDT 2001

On 8 Oct 2001, at 17:23, M Holmes wrote:

> Alice writes:
>
> > > Time to release "Hassan I Sabha" as a single again. It'd make up
> > > for Urban Guerilla being pulled.
> > >
> > > Dunno about the b-side. Maybe Aerospaceage Inferno to keep it
> > > totally topical.
> >
> > And get Hawkwind banned forever :).
>
> It was their recode company that bailed during Urban Guerilla. This
> time they don't have one and could see it through. Just about every
> band that's ever had a single banned has done very well out of it
> *except* Hawkwind.

Seems to me that BÖC particluarly enjoyed playing TOGR saturday
night.  And that song has pointedly apocalyptic lyrics.

I'm curious at the outrage stirred by Divine Wind.  I assume that
folks are taking exception to the video.  The song originally struck
my as being pro-Japanese.  Now that's a tune that would be
amazing live.  Anyone ever hear BÖC do that song in concert?

theo