HW: a few questions.

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Oct 8 13:57:32 EDT 2001

>Hi,
>All this talk of websites etc has prompted me to ask for some clarification
of >things that have always been a source of confusion for me and have never
>bothered to find out, so here goes ....

>1. Who is Dale Churchett?

AFAIK, the original webmaster of hw.com when EBS was in charge.

>2. Who is Star Rats? (is 1 the answer to 2 and vice versa?)

Dale originally, but then I think that addy was more recently going to Andy
Gilham.

>3. What are either's (1 or 2 above) involvement with HW ?

That's seems to be the issue under question.

>4. Who is PikNik or do I mean Rix? (didn't PikNik do some photography for
HW a >decade ago?)

Dunno about PikNik...or Rix, unless for the latter you mean Rx, and that is
how Rik R., the Mission Control webmaster signs his posts.

>5. Who writes under the name of XXX?

I have been assuming that it's usually either Kris or Dave.

>6. Where does Doug Smith fit into the scheme of things nowadays?

Persona non grata?  Again.

>7. Which site is which? Welcome To The Future, HW.COM, HW.org.uk, Mission
>Control etc.

WTTF is the same as hw.com?  HW.org.uk is the new home of MC, so those are
essentially the same as well.

>8. Who is Captain Black?

Keith Kniveton, currently Hawkwind keyboardist.

>9. Who owns EBS?

Doug Smiff I presume, though the label has been on hiatus for several years
now it seems.

How did I do?  I, too, am curious if I know how everything is established in
this realm. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Grakkl (FAA)