HW: a few questions.

dhuggins dhuggins at HYPERNOVA.NET
Mon Oct 8 19:45:22 EDT 2001

> >6. Where does Doug Smith fit into the scheme of things nowadays?
>
>No idea, aside from the fact that he owns hawkwind.com. And EBS.

I don't believe he is the sole owner of EBS, from reading other emails,
there are five owners.  He is one of the two "Directors" (not being
familiar with UK law, I can only presume a director is empowered with some
extra-special duties and rights) -  can't seem to find/recall the other
Director.  Ali Davey, Dave Brock, and Richard Chadwick are the other three
owners.

> >8. Who is Captain Black?
>
>*blank stare*

If I got my story straight, his real name is Keith Kniverton, who plays a
VCS3 (or two) for Hawkwind.  Additionally, as per one of his emails: "I
take a line-out from Dave's guitar amp and feed it into Input 2 of the
second EMS I use. The signal is then ring-modulated against a
not-quite-pure sine wave, and fed through a filter. The cut-off of the
filter is then tweaked in real time using a joystick". I believe he is a
full fledged member now, after last years Hawkestra/Astoria gigs.

Dave