HW: Domain Names - Sort Yourselves Out.

root chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Mon Oct 8 20:20:25 EDT 2001

Hi ya,

MY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?????

I join this mail list Sunday Oct 8.  Instead of seeing information about
Hawkwind/ICU/other drug crazed hippies what do I get?

A pissy .com argument.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT HOW CHILDISH DAVE BROCK IS OR IS NOT.

It works like this...
If you own a .com you can use it whatever the name is don't matter who
you piss off in the process.   If you don't own it you can't use it.
Its that simple.

Take me,  I'm into Hawkwind, hallucinagenic drugs and computers.  So
like I call my computer hawklord.   Because my computer is called
hawklord (and running linux means it must have a name) it makes sense to
me that my internet address also include hawklord.

If anyone is interested (and believe me you ain't) you can go to
http://www.hawklord.uklinux.net to see what I'm into.   I don't have
much space so I can't host a Hawkwind site even if I want to.  But if
the people who did hawkwind.com want to become www.hawklord.uklinux.net
then I can put a re-direct into my top index.html to send people to your
site wherever you want to keep it.

If you make a little effort perhaps you can get sonicassassins.com or
sonicassassins.net something equally Hawklike must be available and I
would not pay more than £10 for a domain name so like sort yourselves
out!

If you need help getting a good domain name e-mail me and I'll see what
I can find (it be cheap and it be something along the lines of
hawkwind.net)

If hawkwind own hawkwind.com you need something like hawkwind.net or
hawkwind.org or www.hawkwind.com.

If hawkwind do not own hawkwind.com simply tell Brock to shut the f*&^
up!

Don't let power freaks spoil your fun!

I expect this sort of shit from General Motors or Nestlee not from a
bunch of trippers.

Look forward to Greasy Truckers and if I'm in a good mood I'll put Welsh
fungii in yer lager!

IF HAWKWIND DO NOT OWN hawkwind.com THEN THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO THAT
DOMAIN AND NO RIGHT TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH IT.  LET THEM WASTE
THEIR MONEY ON LAWYERS THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP YOU.

The name Hawkwind comes from a descriptive nickname once given to a
genleman who cougthed up flem on a regular basis and also farted a
lot....  hawk wind... get it?   That geezers real name is Nik Turner.

Lets put Nik's gig in perspective.   He is what 60?   In 1972 Greasy
Truckers put on cheap gigs and flogged a couple of cheap albums because
they wanted people to hear the music.  Now in a new century he has
gotten as close to the classic Hawkwind line up of '73 as you will ever
get, OK Brock ain't there but a lot of folks I've never seen are and I
been seeing Hawkwind since 1977.  So I'm expecting something special,
not just another Brock gig.

This is a nostalga trip nothing more nothing less.   Just a pity the
venue ain't the Round House thats all.

Chris