HW: Domain Names - Short Sharp Shock

Jimmy CrackCorn deltawave at METRONET.COM
Tue Oct 9 06:46:20 EDT 2001

 since this is still going- (I throw my view out futher)

1) all posts have been interesting

2) I learned a long time ago that dabbling in Hawkwind can be a dangerous
affair-  I've seen it again and again-
  I now enjoy the entertainment aspect of it, happy to not be involved with
any promotion or sales of merch, unless asked, etc. (and they know better
than to make a mistake like that) (haha)

3) When I personally peel away the onion layers, it looks like Dave Brock
took on Nik as a roadie originally, and he was a good freak who could make
the sax squawk, so he was used in the construction of the "Martian
Raygun",,,,

4) ah, the Martian Raygun....it is my opinion that Dave truly is
responsible for it, and to my ears is the mark of true quality to this day
when my stereo is hungry for something that snuck in through the cracks and
defies.......(with the use of the most excellent personel that he seems to
know how to bring the best out of-
and they have all become alien powers of their own...)

5) it is my opinion that Nik enjoys challenging this, and I come to expect
that from him, but can understand the anger it can create.....I personally
wish he would send a resume to Judge Trev and Steve P, and see about a new
dawn of creating fresh material to short circuit small home appliances and
cause little housefires that require baking soda....

6) I go on a limb with this one, but I'm going ahead with it-  I don't
think it is Dave's personality to be warm and fuzzy with just anyone-  all
the time-
 He generally knows who he is and how he is so often regarded, and this
probably plays a part as well.......also, you can get to know him as you
would get to know anyone else, if you are any good at that sort of thing....

 It's Chaos......in his own words I think he once said "I'm sorry to
disappoint you if you thought Hawkwind was peace and love, but it's not.."

I do know firsthand that he is a VERY thoughtful person who DOES NOT take
his fans for granted, and just go look at your postcards and personal notes
and responses if you need to be reminded........

he is just, Dave. And with Dave, you get Dave. Nothing fake there.

7) Doug Smith-  a "heavy" "cat". It occurs to me that Dave and Co. may have
not wanted to deal with Doug firsthand, and wanted Andy to do it, since
Andy was affiliated with him directly, and maybe "expected" what they
wanted, because they are "HAWKWIND"

8) Please don't piss Dave off. This is not an arrogant statement, it is a
true request, as I fear a black hole that could result here

9) sort of like England enjoys (theoretically) appointing their King and
Queen, accept it or don't accept it, but Dave has the psychedelic crown
(and not just the Hawkwind crown either) (cheers to the Malcom Young
selecter, by the way, that amused me)(I'd like to take that email to him
and have a drink if he still takes one).....some of us put it there (the
crown, the crown), and we are proud of our psychedlic leader.....we like
that royalty....
and when you are King, a lot of things are "a given", and that is what
comes with the territory of gaining such an honorable high status......

10) Cheers to the new list member HW fan, that was a good post- don't
worry, you came here at an odd hour, and this group is the main HW group
(there is another one run by a guy called Bob Lennon that I HIGHLY
recommend as well) (it's at Yahoogroups, and is about equal to this one,
from my memory) Both have amazing people on them, this one is more
frightening (hehe, to me) , but that is part of the challenge and the "fun"

11) the look on the face of a psychedelic experimenter upon hearing Doremi
and Space Ritual just the other night reminded me of what I have just
said.....

The Ray Gun took planning and plotting, it wasn't just a matter of "put
these people in the room", you had to pick the right people.....even if a
few of them could form private alliances with big-boobed chicks, do poetry,
and chunk novelettes into the mainstream sci-fi world , they still had to
be harnessed and drained for all they were worth......haha

jimmy crack corn