More Thoughts on Divine Wind Video

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Oct 9 12:05:45 EDT 2001

Since I'm talking strictly about the video here....

> Oh, and as for that "one disturbing image" near the end -
> I of course assume you refer to the nuclear explosion?

Yep. I don't like its inclusion partly because I've been hearing too, too much "glass ashtray" invective lately. (To borrow a phrase from a Bloom interview during Desert Shield.)

And partly because I have an aversion to trying to swat flies with cannon. It's wasteful.

> I looked at it more as an image of "hell" (the key word
> that Eric is singing at that precise moment).

*nods* It's strictly a knee-jerk reaction on my part, and that occurred to me later. Speaking as someone who has been speculating on what would be appropriate to use in that terrain, I wouldn't have blinked had he used footage of a fuel-air explosive.

But I suppose that to someone other than a mil-hardware geek, that wouldn't have had the same impact. *shrugs*

> And that video IMHO is fantastic.

No argument here.

--
Jean Lansford