HW: Domain Names - Short Sharp Shock

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Tue Oct 9 19:21:11 EDT 2001

Mmmm

Well....I don't think any of us should forget the fact that there is one
existing dominant force,which is the single reason why Hawkwind still exist
some 30 years on,.................Dave Brock!
He's kept it going regardless of the departures or sackings of past members.
If pushed into a corner,...I don't doubt he has a bit of a ruthless streak
in sticking and pursueing what he believes in.
If Dave had never been as dominant as he has been,.....then Hawkwind would
have probably died a natural death about 4 years into its present history.
And then.....the likes of Dave Anderson,Nik Turner would never have been in
a position to cash in on their hitherto sporadic involvement with a musical
institution of almost unrivaled cult status.
Dave Brock has been Hawkwind for some 30 years.
Nik Turner?......5 yrs + 1 yr here & 1 yr there + guest appearances? ( I'm
guessing ).
Dave Anderson............1 yr ?

Dave Anderson cleverly markets and re-packages atrocious quality old HW
material. Makes a fast buck and without doubt puts off the 'first time'
buyer from purchasing any future HW material.
(  Basically undermining the hard work put in by the DB & present members
over the years )

Nik Turner.......Great character/front man & nice bloke. But musically had
tendencies to play for himself and not as part of a team/band.
Problem is, that his ego gets the better of him, and to quote...."his
playing became irksome" to other members of the band.
When he wanted to....he could be brilliant though!
Presently....Nik appears to be trying to 'cash in' on his comparitively
short periodic involvement with HW in the past, as well as Hawkwinds
current 'renaissance' ,in order to make a fast buck out of the more 'naive'
of us followers.
And again undermining the REAL Hawkwind.

Frankly.....If I were Brock, I think I'd be bloody pissed off with certain
'piecemeal' past Hawkwind activists that contantly try to grab more than
their fair share of the 'cake'.
Brock & Co wants full control of the name.
And by sticking at the helm for 30 odd years.......I think he's morally
entitled to it!

mel