HW: Nik Turner and friends (Hawkwindwannabes)

Moonglum . sjyoules at VISTO.COM
Wed Oct 10 17:57:30 EDT 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:11:47 +0100, dave hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:

I'll tell you this some of the official HW output has been poor - but you
know what I did guys, I didn't buy it! I didn't treat it like some personal
affront and as for the unofficial releases and Nikwind stuff - I don't buy
it. It's just not for me.
-------------------------

Well said.  I totally agree.  All of us on this list can pick up enough
comments from people to know what is good HW and what isn't, given the
vagaries of personal taste.

I normally don't say much on the subject of N.Turner, or the arguments
going around at the moment on various subjects.  But all these people are
trying to make a living.  I have no problem with anyone doing that (trying
to make money is not a crime): it's when you use someone else's
name/reputation to do it that the problem arises.

Other list members have expressed varying degrees of opinion on whether or
not this is what's happening with Nik and his gang of merry pranksters
(hairy gangsters?) - I haven't been to any of his gigs or bought any of his
CD's, so won't add my ill-informed views to the debate.  Because I agree
with Dave, if you don't like it - don't buy it.