OFF: Velvet Underwear

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 10 20:56:21 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/10/2001 3:21:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

> As I was just discussing with Doug off-line, I don't really know what the
> post-Reed Yule-fronted VU was like.  I only know the 'hits' from Loaded
> (Sweet Jane, Rock and Roll) that were Reed songs, and I know nothing of the
> album 'Squeeze' that was recorded under mysterious conditions in the UK by
> just Yule and some questionable contributions from session musicians,
> including (or not) Ian Paice of Deep Purple.  Has anyone ever heard this
> album?  I guess it's pretty steep to get an original vinyl, and no CD

I purchased it (I beleive in the 70's) having no idea at the time what the
hell it was, so no John, no Lou, played it once and gave it to my brother the
same day.
I barely remember it being not very interesting...and not very V.U. like.
maybe a listen 25 years later would help?   NOT
bob