OFF: Anathema

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Thu Oct 11 05:07:29 EDT 2001

Date:    Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:49:59 -0400
From:    "Alex S. Garcia" <mvdbase at YAHOO.COM>
Subject: OFF: Anathema

I'm not into trash. But after reading intriguing reviews & hearing a sample,
Hurrah!!!  A convert!  Now go and buy the others, but start with Eternity
which is absolutley fabulous and features a Roy Harper appearance and cover
version.  Everything apres Pentecost III is a must, and even the earlier
more metallic ceedees are worth cjhecking out.

dropping. I
just don't have any words for it. Quite simply, one of the best albums I've
ever heard.

There are bits of Pink Floyd in it, and Radiohead, and Stabbing Westward,
and Hogarth's Marillion... Mix all that together, and you still won't have
an accurate picture. They have crafted a new style, unique, out of all these
influences. It's just grand. I'm definitely impressed.

Anyway. Had to share :-)

Can only recommend this. Strongly.

It's called "A fine day to exit" and it's out on the "Music For Nations"
label.

Alex.