HW: RFH

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Oct 11 11:41:07 EDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Paul Mather wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW: RFH
:
:On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Alastair Lee Sumner wrote:
:
:=> until the encore. And the rest sounded Yuri Gargarin on acid. So much for
:=> my 5th row, almost dead center, best seat in the house.  I did at least
:=> like Tim Blake and Dave Brock doing New Jerusalem? and Ali Daveys's head
:=> gear. But overall I was dead to Hawkwind last night and it sounded shite.
:
:That's why, I've decided, I like general admission gigs (or the lawn for
:those shed shows).  If you find you're in a dead spot (or stuck behind
:someone tall or obnoxious:), you can always move around and find a
:better place.  I saw Gov't Mule at the Norva in Norfolk, VA on Tuesday,
:and watched the first set from the upstairs balcony, where the view was
:great.  But, I enjoyed the second set downstairs on the main floor,
:where the sound was better.  (Great gig, great sound, and Oteil was
:really getting into it.)
:

I tend to go the other way around, since I'm quite short...I like balcony
seats better than general admit.

best yet, of course, are gigs that offer both.  Please everyone that way
;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559