OFF: Velvet Underwear

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 11 18:59:38 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/11/2001 9:10:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU writes:

> Personally, I think Doug Yule did a decent job of imitating Lou, at least on
> the
> Amsterdam recording I have.  The passion is lacking, but I feel that's been
> the
> case with Lou for a long time, at least in the studio.  So you could say
> _Squeeze_ was just ahead of it's time. (-8  It's not as bad as people say,
> but
> it's not good either.

funny,
when I originally replied to this post, I wasn't paying attention to which
group it was from.  A similar subject was being talked about on one of the
John Cale lists and I was surprised to see my reply coming back on this list.
anyway...you pegged it with one word, it better describes what I remember
that LP "Squeeze" being....bland.
I wasn't horrified by it at the time, just didn't like it much. hell back
then I still hadn't really warmed up to the post-Cale stuff yet. I guess If I
had liked Loaded at the time, I may have like Squeeze a little more? NOT
bob