HW: .com

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 12 01:05:50 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/7/01 1:36:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, coral at APORT.RU
writes:

> It's very sad for me to see this list falling apart on this question...
>
>  The real true band, Hawkwind leading by Brock, should be giving full
>  support. And Nik and Co should be put to shame publicly by all who claim
>  themselves "honest people".
>
>  Maybe I should sign off this list...
>
>  Alice

well, i'd like to stay out of the politics, as I don't really know much about
it...and it's hard to care, when you have some good music. even if Nik is an
arsehole, I disagree with Dave Hall about his being a shitty musician... I
know I will continue to play "Nikwind" stuff on my show, as well as
Hawhwind", as I love them both, but if it's gotten to the point where it may
seem to so many list-members as sacriliege, disrespectful, traitorous or
whatever...hmm...maybe i should w/hold those play-lists... not like it'd be
any great loss anyway...  :)

one thing we lack here probably is some perspective. i mean, probably this
sort of thing has gone on so much in so much of the music we love, past and
presently, that if we knew, we'd have similar emotions...but here (and esp.
w/the help of the 'Net) we're privy to so much "behind-the-scenes" info... if
we didn't know about all this stuff...or if we were to find out years later,
we might be less sensitive, and just be able to listen to whatever music we
like w/out any of these non-musical distractions...or maybe these things
aren't non-musical, if they will contribute to or inspire some interesting
music to follow...just an afterthought...

Chuck