Final words from Thorasin

root chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Sun Oct 14 00:06:03 EDT 2001

Hi ya,

www.hawkwind.info   EXCELLENT   we are all happy now!

e-mail overload!

picked so much yesterday in the most beautiful field with 20+ shetland
ponies in it that I started buzzing without eating any!

I just love this time of year and Hawkwind are finally coming to Cardiff
and I know the date!  Before it happens!   Oh joy

> obOSFlameWarKindling: Linux is for poseurs attracted by hype who don't
> know any better.  When you're ready for an operating system developed by
> real hackers, give *BSD a try... >;-)

Hmm, never actually tried that one, guess I should have my guess is it
will run all GNU stuff?  What chances tv card, mpeg card, voodoo card
etc?

What I'd really like to try is the hurd (GNU) kernel, but I think my
poor 133Mhz box won't cope.

Thing about a kernel is it needs to be stable and support everything,
what is bsd like about cryptography?  what I like about linux is fact
that I can have strong encryption on virtual file system.  So I keep my
~/.netscape and ~/nsmail directories on encrypted virtual file system
and nobody not the cia fbi mi5 mi6 or anyone else can access those
places.   If G. Glitter had done that he would not have gotten busted!
(I don't suppot paedophilia but I do support privacy)

freedom through knowledge!

Chris