OFF: RE: Final words from Thorasin

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Sun Oct 14 12:51:03 EDT 2001

Paul sez (to the list, inadvertantly, because of caffeine imbalance)--

>The Linux camp are Johnny-Come-Latelies
>when it comes to cross-platform support.  If you want to get serious
>about multi-platform support, take a gander at the list of NetBSD ports
>(www.netbsd.org).

But I don't want to get serious about multi platform support (although
having Linux on our Sun workstation rather than Solaris would be nice). I
like my Pentium III 600MHz at work, and my Pentium III 1GHz at home, and I'm
very happy with Red Hat. Maybe that makes me a "poseur attracted by hype who
doesn't know any better". So it goes. Hi Ho.

>BTW, despite appearances to the contrary, I am not anti-Linux (just
>immune to the hype).  For the record, my Linux distribution of choice is
>tomsrtbt, but that's mainly because I can carry it around in my
>pocket...

Now that's a comment with which I can identify! If I had a dollar for every
time tomsrtbt saved my computing butt . . . :-)

Guido