OFF/HW: double bass...who's on first? what's on second?

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Oct 14 15:46:47 EDT 2001

Not sure I subscribe to that myself. I agree about the common chord
sequences used in a lot of songs but narrow tonal intervals ? I'll bet the
Hawks would have got a muted response if they had played Silver Machine in a
quarter tone scale - interesting thought though! Anyway, fact is that unless
you want to reinvent the electric guitar, you're stuck with semi-tones and
surely the obvious harmonic root of all Hawkwind is "blues", not Eastern? -
just think of Dave's busking songs.

Mark