HW: Nik Turner and friends (Hawkwindwannabes)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Oct 14 15:53:46 EDT 2001

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 20:56:46 +0100, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:
>In message <02f801c151d0$2d1542a0$e74d893e at default>, dave hall
><dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> writes
>>1. there are those who are talented - and there are the rest. The
>>talented are:
>>Dave Brock
>>Huw Lloyd Langton
>>Simon King
>>Lemmy
>>Simon House
>>Bob Calvert
>>Adrian Shaw
>>Tim Blake
>>Alan Davey
>>Richard Chadwick
>>Harvey Bainbridge
>>Jerry Richards
>>Captain Black
>
>Terry Ollis looked very impressive at the Hawkwestra, I thought. And Paul
>Rudolph may not have fitted into Hawkwind as a bassist but he's a superb
>guitarist, indeed on a technical level he's probably a better musician than
>any of the above, possible exception of Simon House.
>
>Other than that, I found myself agreeing with pretty much everything you
>said.

I'd also have a tough time leaving off Dave Anderson ('Yeti'!!!), DikMik,
Steve Swindells and Ron Tree.

However, there is a MAJOR, EGREGIOUS, OUTRAGEOUS omission from this list
(that I already pointed out to Dave Hall).

HINT:
Alan Davey : Lemmy
Richard Chadwick : Simon King
Ron Tree : Robert Calvert
Jez Huggett : Nik Turner
person-on-the-list (you figure out which one!) : person-missing-from-the-
list

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com