HW: Covers All

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 14 19:42:43 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/10/01 1:03:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jasret at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> There was a Sabalon Glitz 7" that preceded the CD.  I also have, somewhere,
>  a live tape of SG doing "Spirit of the Age" in a very techno/trance-type
>  version that sounds similar to one of the Astralasia remixes (except that
>  this was recorded before those remixes were released).

Which you fortunately included in our HW Covers All tape-set.
Speaking of which--in retrospect, which tunes on said set are people's
favorites?
some of mine (keeping in mind that there are many other cool HW covers not
incl. in this set, some of which are on Doug's Ceres Tribute):

well, first off are some tunes which were appropriately lumped together on
Vol 1, which are more "tributes" than straight covers: ST 37 "Look at Yr
Chair", F/i "Standing in the Garden", Monoshock "Hawkwind Show", Pere Ubu
"Final Solution" (taking the piss??...if I'm using this phrase correctly...)

from Vol. 2: The Moor "Angels of Death", Monster Magnet "Brainstorm", Pop
Will Eat Itself "Orgone A.", Spacehead "Where are They Now" (still never
heard the orig...Andy Gee--is this the same version that appears on the In
Space We Trust disc?)

Vol 3: Lithium X-mas "Magnu", Verge "Spirit of the Age", Sore Throat "Silver
Machine" (this one has actually grown on me, even if it is "taking the piss")

Vol 4: Finally Balanced "Hurry on Sundown",  Wat Tyler "Master of the
Universe" (hysterical...is he saying "He go solo", "ego solo"...or both?),

still a bit resentful that my suggested title of "Returning Volumes of Sound"
was never used for any of the tapes... :) Chuck