HW: Huw Rejoins

Kirsten Procter kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Mon Oct 15 05:58:47 EDT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, iain ferguson wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I was well positioned at the RFH and thought Huw played a blinder... I was
> sutble when needed, and rocked out when needed, his interplay with Ali was
> great. and the nucleus of "2 stone, Ali and Huw " is awesome.

 :(
 When Huw was turned up, halfway through his first sung line, it was
great. Jon and I were sat fairly near the back, it must be admitted,
but that *shouldn't* make a difference, and it's certainly no
excuse. Especially in a place like the RFH, built for good accoustics,
everyone should be able to be heard from *all* parts of the
hall. That's what sound checks are for.

 Yes, I like Huw's work, but it's much, much nicer if we can hear it,
and saying 'you should have been at the front, it was great there',
merely increases the temptation to blame any non-greatness of the last
gig on the soundman. Yes, it wasn't as bad as at Hawkwestra, when I
sometimes could only tell that anyone at all was playing because I
could see them, but even so....

 (interestingly enough, I could hear Jez all the way through; I imagine
that that's a peculiarity of my concert-band trained ears)

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter                                                         ghoti
nina mashine fedha