HW: RFH comments.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Oct 15 16:02:49 EDT 2001

Paul M wrote:
>This reminds me of the last time I saw Gov't Mule at Salem, VA.  I was
>standing right at the front, right in front of Woody.  (There was no
>stage there, and only the monitors and mics separated the band and
>audience.)  His rig was so loud I could barely hear Warren and Matt at
>all!  (Talk about sonic attack!:)  In the end, I had to move further
>back, to get the effect of the PA.

Woody was The Man.  He is one of my three Bass Gods along with Geezer
and Lemmy  (no offence to all the other astounding bassists I also
like!).

Strangely, there is some kind of weird connection in all this, since
back in the mid-90s Allen Woody was shopped to join the Ozzy band
(but preferred to concentrate on Mule, thank the gods :)  and
Iremember going to a Mule show in Boston in a Motorhead T-shirt where
I walked into the venue at the same time as Woody, who pointed at my
shirt and commented "Lemmy fuckin' rocks, man".

Which makes this post almost topical ;)

Cheers,
Carl