[BOC] COTHM: re-WOW

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Mon Oct 15 18:59:53 EDT 2001

>        I have a more basic problem with _Imaginos_ which is that the
>sound is terrible. It sounds like they were trying to get the band into
>four fewer channels than were available on the mixing desk.
"yes"-ish; a lot o' the tracks were Albert and the Imaginos band oringally,
but the released version had overdubs by Pearlman of the other Oyster Boys
and other sounds/instruments.  Hence things being buried far, far, far in
the coal mines of the earphone.
A few members of the guitar orch. were guitars added by Pearlman.

Of course with
>some numbers that may have been the case which may be why you can never
>hear all the guitar orchestra. But it's like that with all of them. I
>remember Al posting to the effect that on the vinyl version there was a
>lot of compression applied so as to get it down to maximum vinyl size, but
>that doesn't excuse the sound on the CD version unless they used the vinyl
>master for it which would just be daft. But musically it is very fine
>indeed,. with the possible exceptionm of the title track.
>think. S'got nothing on `Stone of Love' though.
Amen to that.

>        Danny is on `Harvest Moon' isn't he? And he's all over the photos
>but then he's kind of that way, isn't he? Only what with Eric being in
>front all the time one doesn't notice... Yours,
I think it was Jon Rogers because the recording of hM was done w/ Steve
Schenck as opposed to the Buck Produced tracks with Danny Miranda on 'em.
Cant be  bothered to check though its only across the room -- how can you
go to HM when the Minutemen are "Tourspeil"-in' out one's stereo? :)

Dreamed I was E.Bloom but I woke up E.Bloom (so is that a Nightymare of
Kafkaesque proportions? hehe)

Jason