OFF: Bevis Frond help!

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Oct 16 18:35:05 EDT 2001

JJ recalls from the distant past...  :)

>> Yep.  I like "Sprawl" the best, though haven't heard them all.  The Live
>> album Doug mentions would be my second recommendation.  The early albums,
>> like "Inner Marshland" and "Triptych" are pretty muddily recorded, so
>> consider that if it's important to you.
>
>        I should say of course that of the few Frond albums I have
>_Triptych_ is undeniably my favourite because of `Tangerine Infringement
>Beak' and `Hey Joe'... :-)

I was mistaken when I mentioned "Triptych"...the one I was actually thinking
of was "Miasma."  I don't actually own "Triptych" so I can't comment on it.

>> The new "Scorched Earth" album (which I think is mainly Frond Folx, plus a
>> few F&R, under pseudonyms) is pretty outstanding too.  And Acid Jam 2 also!
>> Definitely get this one!  I haven't heard the Fred Bison V thingy, which is
>> another 'spinoff' (note the anagram).  What's that like, anybody?  And
>> there's the live Country Joe concert w/ Frond backing, if you like his
>>stuff.
>
>        I'd also be interested in opinions of the Fred Bison V stuff.

I think Doug posted about it after I had asked, so perhaps you'll come
across that message next month some time.  :)

>        Personnel on _Fed To Your Head_ are, I believe, Nick Saloman (The
>Horse), Paul Simmons of The Alchemysts (The Snake) and Andy Ward of the
>Frond (Pharaoh), plus two guest spots from Bari Watts of Outskirts of
>Infinity. I think Adrian Shaw produced it but I may be wrong about
>that. Yours,

That all sounds about right, from what I'm hearing.

Grakkl (FAA)