Off: Acid Mothers Temple and Circle at The Spitz

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Wed Oct 17 07:16:51 EDT 2001

Did anyone else from the list go to this gig in London last night? I went
down with Nick M and it was such a good gig.

Circle came on first. These guys really know how to play one note and it
was fascinating to watch them move about or stand completely still like
weird statues. The audience loved them. They were so good I was ready to
get my coat and go home.

AMT were more Led Zep type rock music that gradually transforms into a wall
of sound and before you know it you are lstening to a load of long haired
Japanese guys freaking out.

The thing about this gig was that it was a really good combination of
support and main acts. Both bands were brilliant and have their own well
defined sound. The highlight for me was Circle though. I prefer the simple
hypnotic riffs rather than the more complex rock music and I will certainly
be investigating this band further.

Alastair.