OFF: Motorhead/deafening silence

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Oct 17 17:27:20 EDT 2001

>wow...no mention (that i've seen) of the re-issue of Motorhead's 'no sleep
>'til hammersmith'...17 previously unreleased tracks? the original lp
>remastered? 16 page booklet? nobody interested? nobody aware of it?
>bobm

I'm interested...wasn't aware of it.  There was a series of 'remastered' MH
discs (some w/ bonus tracks I think) two or three years ago, but I wasn't
particularly interested, 'cause what the hell difference does it make if MH
is remastered or not?  :)  And I don't care for buying the same album three
or four times over.

But I would be interested if there was a CD released that had that entire
NSTH concert included, assuming of course that it was all from one
performance - sounds like it anyway.  Sort of like what we hoped the Live
'79 double would be, but sadly wasn't.

I still remember buying that album from the 'new releases' rack in a New
Castle, PA record store (the only cool one near my hometown) at the age of
16 or so, having recently been introduced to Space Ritual and then thinking,
"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP?!"  Well, since then, it's become one of my
favorite albums.  And it was *VERY COOL* to see the Bomber fly again at the
Academy on 10/22/00.

Grakkl (FAA)