OFF/HW: double bass...who's on first? what's on second?

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 18 14:14:26 EDT 2001

OK! Yes, you can get non-standard intervals on a conventional fretted
guitar, whether stretching the strings, glass bottles, tremelo arms or even
non-standard tuning. However, by the normal run of things, ie: the guitar
Dave is going to have strapped round his neck for the next gig, the design
of that instrument lends itself to a conventional semi-tone based scale and
not some wierd gigatonic concoction. To draw an analogy with the Eastern
influence business, my prime language is English and I don't think things
out in French before I open my mouth and I'll bet Hawkwind think in terms of
tones and semi-tones first before experimenting with other intervals. That's
all I wanted to say!

Mark