HW/NIK: Greasy Truckers Party 2001

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Oct 19 21:47:45 EDT 2001

In message <00ae01c15904$339db7c0$4db63bcb at freeaqua>, Bill & Cynthia
<freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU> writes
>I thought of the Police. Wasn't there a couple of connections there?

I think you are right! Let me see:

>> ... oh ... my ... god ...
>>
>> I was just informed of the identity of an additional guest drummer who
>will
>> be playing in the "Nikestra".  He used to play in a rather famous band
>that
>> (most likely) everyone on this list hates (I did, when they were famous,
>> although I'd probably rather listen to them than to Samantha Fox!).  But
>he
>> also played briefly in a good band with multiple Hawkwind connections

Radio Actors? If so, then we have...

> (one
>> ex-Hawkwind member played VERY briefly in this band & guested on one of
>> their singles

Nik Turner...

>, one of the ex-members of this band played in a band with a
>> different ex-Hawkwind member

Mike Howlett, who played with Tim Blake in Gong...

>, another member of this band guested on an
>> album by a third ex-Hawkwind member's post-Hawkwind band

Harry Williamson guesting with Sphynx...

So I name the mystery drummer - Stewart Copeland.

Or have I got it all wrong?
--
Nick Medford