HW/NIK: Greasy Truckers Party 2001

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Oct 19 23:35:23 EDT 2001

I can't resist having another go at this, although since I was wrong before
when I felt much more confident, I'll probably be even wider of the mark
this time.

>>> ... oh ... my ... god ...
>>>
>>> I was just informed of the identity of an additional guest drummer who
>>will
>>> be playing in the "Nikestra".  He used to play in a rather famous band
>>that
>>> (most likely) everyone on this list hates (I did, when they were famous,
>>> although I'd probably rather listen to them than to Samantha Fox!).  But
>>he
>>> also played briefly in a good band with multiple Hawkwind connections

Could it have been... pause.. roll of thunder.. The Damned?

>> (one
>>> ex-Hawkwind member played VERY briefly in this band & guested on one of
>>> their singles

Lemmy played one gig with them and I have a feeling he played on their
cover of "White Rabbit". Or possibly on "Video Nasty".

>>, one of the ex-members of this band played in a band with a
>>> different ex-Hawkwind member

Sensible played at least one gig with Nik Turner I believe, under the name
of Chaos Factory...

>>, another member of this band guested on an
>>> album by a third ex-Hawkwind member's post-Hawkwind band

Struggling with this bit I have to admit, though I'd guess it must have been
Brian James doing the guest spot, on what I have no idea

Now then- the Damned's drummer was Rat Scabies- BUT he departed
briefly in the early days, and until his return his place was filled by... JON
MOSS

latterly of... pause... Culture Club.

Yes, you read it right.

Doug, any closer this time?