HW: Damned by the curse of Damned (was Re: Greasy Truckers Party 2001)

Si Halley sihalley at CABLEINET.CO.UK
Sat Oct 20 15:59:18 EDT 2001

Subject: Re: HW: Damned by the curse of Damned (was Re: Greasy Truckers
Party 2001)

> Doug,
> Is that the same Tank with Simon King & House from 1980-ish?
> What about the obvious .... Lemmy playing on the Damned's Ballroom Blitz!

Tank was a Motorhead soundalike(and touring partner) featuring Algy Ward (ex
Damned I believe). Released a couple of albums including Filth Hounds Of
Hades, which came with a free single, which featured a track that IMHO was
better then anything on the album! And didn`t they cover a Pink Faries track
or was it just a song of the same name. Can`t remember.
Also...
Didn`t one of the Tank guys go on to play with Huw when he first did his
solo stuff circa Outside The Law. The drummer presumably as Ward was the
Bassist and it wasn`t him(and Huw wouldn`t need a guitarist!)

Si