HW: Cybersquatting?

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Oct 22 18:29:45 EDT 2001

At 01.22 +0100 01-10-22, Steve Pond wrote:
>On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:06:27 -0400, you sent through the ether:
>  >There is a link to an open invitation from Nik to other current and past
>>members of the band to participate...interesting to read his stated
>>intentions.  I wonder if the actual gig will be like this or just a chaotic
>  >shambles?
>
>Well, I wasn`t expecting much from the Hawkestra & I was pleasantly surprised,
>they started shakey but did great versions of Hasan I Sahba, You Shouldn`t Do
>that & Master of the Universe, VERY much heavier then trad Hawkwind, and they
>all had fun and they all got paid. Top night.

Hawkestra was excellent!  No backing tapes and sequencers there --
just a lot of blanga.  It was surprisingly coherent, but sufficiently
incoherent to be fun :) I totally enjoyed that.  ICU "2002" was also
a real treat.  Never thought I'd hear a lot of that stuff played
live!  Still not sure I did :)

The only downer of the evening was that the very dubious Magic
Michael took up time that should have been alloted to MAN, who played
like very heavy fiends for far too short a time.

Otherwise, everything ruled :)

Cheers,
Carl

--