Off: MQB

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Tue Oct 23 00:00:20 EDT 2001

(Ooops I think I used bad words and my previous post didn't go
through....OK....here goes once again in it's original format with those
danged words changed.....)

Whooaaah....but there's the other side of the coin.. I have never heard of
MQB, and probably wouldn't have thought about finding other recordings or
even attempted to look for them even if they were available for purchase.  I
mean...sheesh, I live in bumfunk Louisiana, and who in the heck is MQB.  I
would hope to think that they are not as full of themselves ala
Metallica????

Ever heard of Papa Chubby?  Kewl stuff.  Found it on the internet, and will
probably purchase some of his new recordings.   Government Mule has free
tunes available on their site, as do the GD, Phil Lesh, etc....and I will
still buy their records, including the new ones because I like their music.
It's the free stuff that made me aware of what they their new material may
sound like and spend money for it.  Like alot of people,  I actually go to
record stores and buy albums just to see what they sound like for shites and
grins, and spend alot of money doing it.   Some still remain in their
cellophane after one listening...   Oh well.  Still do it, always will.

I  think at least limited releases on  the internet are beneficial to bands
trying to make a name for themselves.

The tunes that were mistakenly (?) made available here piqued my interest
enough, though to check out some of their other stuff and maybe even buy
some if it was easily available.

Thanks for the introduction to MQB, by the way, even if not band
sanctioned......