Off: MQB

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Tue Oct 23 10:36:08 EDT 2001

>OK - I've already posted, but to copy the shows like this is not the name
of
>the game is it? I KNOW MQB would not be happy about this.
>Andy G.

Huh, are you saying this is the first time you've heard of a taper
trading a gig? Give me a break! There have been trades and trees of
most good bands for decades, you know that.

I have a problem with your post(s), and that is bringing a bad vibe to
this list about such things. Possibly next time someone tapes a show they
may be less likely to trade/tree a gig (at least publicly).

I know where you stand on this issue (you made your point in the Napster
thread in the past) and why (CD retail and your label Dead Earnest). I'm
not defending or even taking sides on the legal aspect. But realize this
is a list of fans, doing what fans do best. If you become the watcher for
the "music industry" it will take something away from BOC-L. Sometimes, its
best to let things go, regardless how strong you feel.

So which hat are you going to wear? A "fan" or that of a "music industry"
watchdog? I hope you remain a fan, because your post are funny and
informative. If its the later (or both) then I think you have a conflict
of interest and should refrain from promoting you business on both HW lists.

PS gotta call ya on the quote above, I don't think you "know" that MQB
would object to sharing a copy of that show.

--
Doug Bates