Lame 80s pop teen horror

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Oct 23 18:30:05 EDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, John H. McCartney wrote:

:Subject: Re: Lame 80s pop teen horror
:

[snip]

:There were actually some of the 80's pop bands that had some
:talent and some good songs. Men Without Hats was indeed great,
:and had more depth than just Safety Dance (which had the massive
:coolness to have a Maypole and dwarves in their video), early OMD
:was brilliant, even the dreaded Duran Duran had a couple of cool
:tracks, such as Union of the Snake and Girls On Film. Ultravox
:was pretty good, even New Order had their moments.

I don't suppose you know where to find that dang video?  I've been looking
for it for years....

Rhythym of Youth was M w/o H best album, I think.  The others were fairly
so so.

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559