HW: Yule Ritual---what's the scoop

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Oct 23 20:17:13 EDT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:11:18 -0700, Allan T. Grohe, Jr.
<grodog at PACBELL.NET> wrote:
>I've been caught up in non-HW stuff lately.  What's the scoop on the
>new CD out or coming out, perhaps around Yule/Xmas, which may or may
>not have Michael Moorcock hooking up with the band?

Hi Allan!

Details on the new CD, including tracklist, are here:
http://www.voiceprint.co.uk/hawkwind/hawkvp19.htm

It's out now, although everyone on the list seems to be complaining that it
hasn't reached their local retailer yet (but there's at least one mail-
order dude on the list who can help you out).  They're also complaining
that it isn't being promoted very well (Hello!  the last time Hawkwind were
on a major label was RCA in '83 - even large independent labels on the
scale of Voiceprint don't exactly have huge promotional budgets, and when
they do, it's usually reserved for "big-ticket" artists, not
underground/cult bands).  And yes, Michael Moorcock guests (via telephone)
on "Warriors".

You're in the Bay Area now, Allan, aren't you?

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com