HW: OFF: Quimby!

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Tue Oct 23 20:33:39 EDT 2001

Thanks for the wonderful detailed writeup Keith!! Couldn't have said it
better myself. As I said in a previous post, MQB far exceeded my
expectations and anyone who can possibly make any of these shows will be
richly rewarded by attending.

>underneath that of lead guitarist Tim Jones*
>*(although I thought Jerry told me his name was Jim, so perhaps they got a
>new lead guitarist?)

Yes, his name is Jim Walton. Tim Jones has never been a member of MQB. He,
along with Terri~B, run the Stone Premonitions label that MQB were on and
has contributed guitar and vocals to some of MQB's recordings. His own band
Census Of Hallucinations is well worth checking out.

>Deb K. graciously provided the sumptuous victuals (fried chicken, potato
>salad, and baked beans - a hearty midwestern-style meal that a jealous Mr.
>Kranitz was denied from fully enjoying due to diet restrictions)

Oh man... last night I was poking around in the fridge and saw a couple
hunks of that gorgeous fried chicken leftover... and... and... I controlled
myself... what agony!!!!!

>I don't have the energy to waste today on lamenting about attendance, or
>rather the lack of it.

Well I will... 30 people showed!!! I love Columbus, Ohio but we can't seem
to get people out to shows to save our lives. Damn, I really wanted these
guys to come to Columbus and see a decent crowd. It's so hard watching and
hearing something as amazing as what these guys were doing and realizing
the magic that people are missing. Sigh....

Jerry Kranitz