HW: how many is there

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Oct 24 14:49:52 EDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 04:14:45 -0500, Dan Witt <Lwitt1 at QWEST.NET> wrote:
>I was just wondering, how many official HW albums are there?
>
>Not counting any quasi stuff ...  Just official stuff the band has
>put out from Hawkwind to Yule Ritual.
>
>Does anybody know off the top of their head?

My count:
Hawkwind
X In Search of Space
Doremi Fasol Latido
Space Ritual Live
Hall of the Mountain Grill
Warrior on the Edge of Time
Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music
Quark, Strangeness & Charm
P.X.R.5
Hawklords / 25 Years On
Live '79
Levitation
Sonic Attack
Church of Hawkwind
Choose Your Masques
Zones
Earth Ritual Preview EP
This is Hawkwind / Do Not Panic
Chronicle of the Black Sword
Out & Intake
Xenon Codex
Palace Springs
Space Bandits
Electric Tepee
Decide Your Future EP
It is the Business of the Future to be Dangerous
The Business Trip
Quark, Strangeness & Charm EP
Psychedelic Warriors / White Zone
Alien4
Love in Space
Lord of Light EP
Distant Horizons
Hawkwind 1997
In Your Area
Yule Ritual

That makes 36 (or 32, if you don't count the four EP's)

Not counted:
Glastonbury Fayre
Greasy Truckers Party
Roadhawks
Masters of the Universe
Repeat Performance
Angels of Death
Weird Tapes vol. 1-7
Hawkwind Zoo EP
Sonic Assassins EP
Valium Ten/Motorhead single
Friends & Relations vol. 1-3
Text of Festival
Bring Me The Head of Dave Anderson
Space Ritual vol.2
Independent Days 1 & 2
Anthology / Acid Daze vol. 1-3
Hawkfan 12
Bristol Custom Bike Show
Travellers Aid Trust
Radio 1 In Concert / Spacerock from London
Live at Reading 1986
Stasis
Psychedelic Warlords & Lord of Light
California Brainstorm
Live in Space 1990
Spirit of the Age solstice remixes EP
Gimme Shelter EP
Future Reconstructions
Hawklords Live
Undisclosed Files
Area S4 EP
Kinder der Revolution / Burg Herzen
Strange Daze 1997
The 1999 Party
Griffin 4-CD box set
Epoch Eclipse / Ultimate Best Of
Ambient Anarchists
All Collectors Series releases (Glasto 90, 79, Masques 82, Atomhenge 76)
Hawkwind Family Tree

Did I miss any?  Should anything that I didn't count, "count"?  Or vice-
versa?  (My criteria for "counting": compilations don't count; various
artists albums don't count; recordings that came out *after-the-fact* don't
count - that's why 'This is Hawkwind/Do Not Panic' & 'Out & Intake' do
count, but 'The 1999 Party' & the 'Hawkwind Zoo' EP don't; EP's with new,
non-album material, count; stuff that's *just* remixes doesn't count ... I
think that explains everything.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com