OFF: Alernate SD2001 announcement (the truth!)

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Oct 24 17:32:03 EDT 2001

Hey...

Speaker-Cranker always has entertaining gig announcements...since it's
partly relevant to the list this time, I think I'll share.  I found it quite
funny, esp. since I'm a former Lake County resident, though I never lived in
any of the big old homes in Collinwood (that are likely to fall into the
Lake sometime soon I imagine).

Grakkl (FAA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Once upon a time there was a mystical and enchanted land called Collinwood
where a magical people dwelled.  These people constructed a beautiful hall
the likes of which man has never seen.  As time passed, these mysterious and
magical people migrated to a land called "Lake County" leaving behind their
wondrous structure.  It was then that a new sort of folk came forth know as
"INDIE-IANS".  It was these fanciful gnomes and thrift store clad nymphs
that inhabited the hall.  They would gather to stare at the local lute and
flute players and drink of the dirty tap.  All was well in this land until
one day when the evil scourge known only as "THE PROG" took over and sent
the habitants running back to the efficiency apartments and resale shoppes
from whence they came.  It seemed as though all hope was lost as THE PROG
overtook the hall and
proceeded to perform their whimsical space noodlings and talk of all things
Tolkien.  But then, it the midst of the pagan ritual, a lone gnome adjusted
his thick black framed glasses, zippered up his BP jacket and ventured into
the heart of THE PROG.  It was there, among the faded Hawkwind t-shirts and
pony tails, did he see that they actually were not so different after all.
He noticed that both clans had much in common. They both were obsessive,
lazy and feared women.  With newly opened eyes and cleared mind he learned
that they could all live in peace and happiness. (especially since the show
was only in town for Friday and Saturday).

SPEAKER\CRANKER
FRIDAY OCTOBER 26TH
11:00PM
THE BEACHLAND BALLROOM

For more info on the STRANGE DAZE festival please go here:

http://www.strange-trips.com/docs/

SPEAKER\CRANKER
FREE...always!
http://www.speakercranker.com