OFF: what was it with the 80s...?

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Oct 24 21:59:12 EDT 2001

In message <200110250135.VAA08191 at listserv.spc.edu>, Doug Pearson
<jasret at MINDSPRING.COM> writes
>Most of the underground stuff that made the late 80's much better

... like Pere Ubu reforming, as well as those you list:

>(Sonic
>Youth, Big Black

Big Black! Now you are *talking*! Phenomenal. "Kerosene" and "Bad
Houses" were my favourite songs ever for a while (if you know what I
mean).

On a somewhat less abrasive note, I actually really, really like Talking
Heads' output up until Stop Making Sense, then it goes dramatically
downhill for the most part (hated "Road to Nowhere" for example). But
"Remain In Light" would be in my top 10 albums of the 80s for sure.
--
Nick Medford