BOC: French interview

Alex S. Garcia mvdbase at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 25 17:32:32 EDT 2001

I bought a new French rock magazine today, called "Rock Hard". It includes
an interesting two-page interview with Eric Bloom. I learned that "Showtime"
& "Stone of love" are both older tracks (dating respectively from 78 and 83)
that never made it to a record; and that the band is planning to release a
DVD in summer 2002. Eric also talks about the Stalk Forest Group release on
the Rhino label, of the reissue of their first 4 albums (with some bonus
tracks) and, my favorite bit, I'll translate/quote:

"_Master of puppets_ is an album that changed my elder son's life, who is
now 23 years old. One day, I took him to a Metallica concert and took him to
meet the band members backstage before the show, to take a picture as a
souvenir. Later, during the show, in between songs, the band would goof
around playing intros to BOC's "Cities on flame", "Godzilla", etc. My son
couldn't believe it. He realized that the Cult had influenced his idols. And
that his father wasn't a dodderer."

Oh! Also, the interviewer (the guy's good!) ends with the question we've ALL
been asking: why wasn't "Godzilla" used in the movie??? Turns out it was the
director's call. He was contacted by the band's label but never deigned to
reply. So I guess he just didn't like the band, eh?

Alex.

Progressive rock : rip.xrs.net